If you're traveling with sports equipment, you can pay for this special baggage service in the My trips section, in our App, at the Volaris airport counter or through our Call Center. We recommend you to do so before your flight to save more money.
· Your sports equipment must not weigh more than 55 pounds (25 kg).
· The sum of its dimensions (height + length + width) should not exceed 98 total inches (250 cm). Bear in mind that these dimensions will be considered only when paying the correspondent fee for this service.
· Oversize and excess baggage fees may apply.
· Sport equipment should not exceeds 99 pounds (45 kg) or 110 inches (280 cm).
· You're responsible for packing your sport equipment in a way that it wont be damaged. We recommend using a special case that fully protects it.
Volaris takes no responsibility for any damage to sport equipment during the flight or when handled if it is not properly packed in resistant containers.
Disassemble the pedals, rotate the handlebar, partially deflate the tires, and remove one wheel. Pack any loose biking articles separately.
You can take one flotation vest, one diving regulator, one mask or visor, one snorkel, one pair of flippers, one neoprene suit, one tank harness, one tank gauge, and empty cylinders (it is prohibited to transport compressed air tanks or any gas mixture). The tank valve must be open and diving lights disconnected (terminals should be sealed with insulating tape).
For snow skiing you can take one pair of skis, one pair of poles, one pair of boots, and one mask; for water skiing, one pair of skis and one flotation vest.
You can take one golf bag with a maximum of 14 golf clubs, a maximum of 12 golf balls, one pair of shoes, and golf tees. The portable case must fully cover the golf clubs.
Small kayaks, surfboards, windsurfing boards, snowboards, or similar boards are allowed on the plane as long as they do not exceed the permitted measures. Fully wrap the board in plastic or protective foam. Completely cover the nose and tail and disassemble the wings or pack them tightly. For kayaks, paddles must be attached and protected.
You can take a maximum of 2 bowling balls and a pair of bowling shoes in a bag. Place protective material between the balls to prevent them from shifting.
You can take your musical instrument as carry-on, if it meets the size and measure requirements. Or it can travel as checked baggage by paying the related charge when booking your flight, at My Trips after you’ve made your reservation, through our App or directly at the airport.
Please note that if your are traveling with more than one instrument, each one will count as one piece of checked baggage.
Musical instruments can travel in your cabin bag if their size does not exceed 12.99 x 15.74 x 22.44 inches and 22 pounds.
· If the overall dimensions are greater than 51 inches, (130 cm) the instrument must be checked.
· No musical instruments can travel as on board baggage if they exceed 22 pounds (10 kg).
· Please note that excess baggage charges apply if your checked musical instrument exceeds 55 pounds (25 kg).
· Also, oversized baggage charges apply if the instrument exceeds 62.2 total inches (158 cm) (height + width + length).
· Consider that the maximum accepted size for a checked musical instrument is 78.7 total inches (200 cm) (height + width + length).
· Musical instruments must be packed in suitable (preferably rigid) cases.
If you wish to travel with any musical instrument other than the ones listed above, you may do so as long as they meet the weight and size requirements.
· String Instruments
· Flutes and trumpets
· Drum accessories(such as cymbals)