We are conscious about the impact of the aerial industry on the environment. That is why our #ForACleanSky campaign has implemented initiatives and programs designed to compensate for the pollution of flying, and to contribute with actions against global warming. We are continually working on establishing goals aligned to our sustainability model, that allow us to keep contributing to the environment. Here are some examples of the goals met:
· In 2014, the corresponding audits were done in order to achieve the necessary certifications on Environmental Management Systems: ISO 14001 and on Quality: ISO 9001. Our operations are currently regulated by these certifications for various processes, such as: organization of the Operations Control Center (CCO), Department of Crisis Management, Fuel Saving Program and Environmental Activities of the Corporate Offices (Green Offices).
· Also in 2014, thanks to our Carbon Offset Program and the help of our clients, we gathered $904,000 MXN. These resources were donated to the Ecological Reserve of Sierra Gorda in Queretaro, compensating part of the ecological trace generated by our operations, as well as creating an environmental awareness between Clients and Ambassadors.
· In 2015, we adjusted our Carbon Offset Program by signing an agreement with Plataforma Mexicana de Carbono MÉXICO2 for the purchase of certified reductions of carbon credits, which are used for national certified projects with international standards. With the help of our Clients and Ambassadors, we became the first airline to neutralize CO2 emissions, through this Organization.
· Our Clients can choose to compensate the carbon footprint left behind with each flight, by contributing during their booking flight on “For a Clean Sky” through our website. These contributions will be reflected upon the purchase of carbon credits on MÉXICO2 .
Our #ForACleanSky campaign is composed of several programs, both internal and external, of which we can highlight important efforts such as:
- Reduction of power consumption and garbage by recycling in our corporate offices.
- Reduction of gas emissions within the atmosphere from the aircraft dispatch with:
· A fleet with an age range of 4.5 years.
· Last generation airplanes with technology that ensures a decrease of fuel consumption.
· Flight plans with minimum differences between the planned payload and the real one, in order to get a difference below 400 kg and avoid charging for unnecessary fuel.
· Moving on the ground with only one engine and optimizing the flap use, as well as reducing reverse use.
· Incorporating new efficient technologies such as sharklets.
· Proper selection of alternate airports.
· Reduction of paper use by using a digital flight folder.